Your Escape to Paradise Checklist...
1. What market area of Florida are you interested in?
2. How soon do you want to purchase?
3. What is your budget?
4. Are you paying cash, using the equity from your home, or will you require mortgage financing? If you require mortgage financing, we will refer you to a mortgage banker, and you can get a pre-approval before you purchase.
5. What type of home do you want to purchase? New or Resale, Single Family Home, Townhome, Villa, Condo? Property type and size are important considerations. Do you want to be able to accommodate lots of family and friends during the Holidays? Don’t forget to factor all these things into your purchase decision.
6. Are you looking for an Investment/Rental Property? Are you a PRE-RETIREMENT BUYER? Are you purchasing now to take advantage of current pricing, but not planning to move in for a few years? Planning to rent property out to a long term tenant? You will require professional property management services.
7. Are you purchasing alone or pooling your money with family members and sharing the costs to own and operate?
8. Are you looking for a maintenance free property? Are you looking for a property in a gated community? Are you looking for an amenity rich community? (Clubhouse, Fitness, Pool, Tennis, etc)
9. Do you want to be near the beach? Do you want to be close to major amenities? Do you want to be in a golf course community? Do you want to be in a 55 plus community? Do you want to be within a reasonable distance of a major airport?
All of these factors involve cost factors that must be considered.